Your username is your first name and your password is your student id number.
This blog can only be viewed by 8th grade students at OTMS. It will also be viewed by Mrs. Golden, Mrs. Rieke, Mrs. Nance and Ms. Loffredo. These blogs are for academic purposes so please respect the intentions of the assignment. Postings will be approved by one of your teachers and may be removed or excluded if deemed innapropriate.
1. NEVER give out ANY personal information. Don't use names of real people (including yourself), place, addresses (street or email), phone numbers etc..
2. Use appropriate language for school. No slang, vulgar language, derogatory comments, obscene comments, swearing etc..
3. Write in English without text slang or abbreviations and use complete sentences; all responses should be written using conventional English.
4. When disagreeing with someone, do it in a polite and respectful manner. Talk about topics, not people. For example: I respectfully disagree, you make a good point, I support..
5. Focus on the learning topic. This is not a social blog.
6. Anything quoted, paraphrased or copied from another source MUST be cited.
Title your blog with your book title and “first impressions” and then complete the 2 tasks below:
1) Write about your initial impressions of the novel (characters, plot, perspective, etc.). Use textual evidence to support your response.
2) Pose a question you have about the book so far. It can be literal or hypothetical.
#1 - You must do ALL 3 parts.
1. Find a significant quote from the portion of the book that you have read.
2. Provide the page number and the quote.
3. Explain why you think this quote is significant to the story as a whole – as far as you’ve read in your group assignment. (Consider: does it relate to a character’s development, a theme development, the plot development?)
1. Pose a question for your BLOG group members. This can be for clarification or for opinion.
1. Prompt: Did you like the book? Why or why not? Would you recommend it to others? Would you recommend it stay or be removed from the list of WWII/Holocaust novels for next year? Why?
2. Then, respond to at least 3 blogs that have been posted for the book you’re reading. Respond to posts that have not had any responses first.