OMS Creative Writing Contest
Huntington Learning Center is sponsoring a creative writing contest at OMS! This contest is open to all OMS students.
1. All submissions must be turned in by April, 23 2020. Winners will be announced on May 7th.
2. Contest is open to any Oxford Middle School student.
3. Contest theme is: A Fish Out of Water: Finding yourself in unfamiliar, unknown, and uncharted territory.
4. Students may enter in one or all of the following categories. One entry per category only.
Poetry: A group of one to three poems
Fiction: A short story (1,000 words or fewer)
Nonfiction: A personal or academic essay (1,000 words or fewer)
5. All entries must be submitted via a Google Form provided by Mrs. Gavin. You may upload a doc or pdf, or provide a link to your work in Google Drive. Sharing settings MUST be set to "anyone with the link can view"!
6. Contest will be judged by Huntington Learning Center staff tutors. One winner will be chosen from each category
7. Winners receive a prize package from Huntington Learning Center and winning entries will be published on the school Newsletter, Website, and/or Newspaper.
8. All entries must be original works.