Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
I can explain the key structures involved with the nervous system.
I can explain the key functions completed by the nervous system.
Nervous System Webquest
- Nervous System Webquest
Neurons and Nerve Impulses
1. Open a new Internet tab and go to the learn.genetics site. Search for mad neuron or control click on the link below to go directly there.
2. Train with Dr. Dendrisitein to become an apprentice mad scientist by building your own monster neural circuit! Click on the play button
3. Turn your volume down so that ONLY YOU can listen to Dr. Dendristein explain what to do. Follow his instructions to create a neuron.
4. On a separate sheet draw each neuron part. Make a line that comes from the part to the side of the page and label the name of the part, and what it does. (copy from the “Mad Scientist Apprentice Training Panel.”) You will actually create two neurons to hook together.
5. Record your score under your two neurons.
Extra Practice - Innerbody - Nervous
Extra Practice - Bartley.com Neurology
The Nervous System - Part 2
The Nervous System Part 3
Schoolhouse Rocks - The Nervous System