Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- I can locate information in websites, databases and fact sheets relevant to the assignment.
- I can take notes using my own words.
- I can use nutritional vocabulary.
- I can design a nutritional meal for an athlete using knowledge of MyPlate.
- I can create a S'More demonstrating my knowledge of my athlete and nutrition.
Kansas City Royals Website
Planning a Nutritius PreGame Meal
Pick Your Favorite Royal's Player
Include in your S'More:
Athlete's Full Name
Date of Birth and Hometown
Give detailed information about the athlete’s early childhood and where he grew up.
Teenage Years – Adulthood
Give detailed information about the player's teenage years through adulthood.
Career and Education
Give details about the player’s career and education. Where did he go to school? Did the Royal's player have another career before becoming a baseball player?
Create a nutritious pregame meal
Time on Task
Rubric for S'More - 60 points total
A Guide to Eating for Sports
Protein for the Teen Athlete