Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research / Primary Sources
U.S. History in Context
Primary source documents, articles, biographies and more all related to the United States history.
- Search using the Key Terms provided.
- Read articles about the events you have selected to help you determine decide on the primary source.
- Try different search terms, including words that might be uncommon today but common during the period you're researching.
- Look for "Related Topics", Cited sources or other events the author refers to in their article to lead you to more search terms.
- Think outside the box - use census data, photos, speeches, etc.
- Voting - Literacy Tests
- Red Lining
- Housing / Real Estate / Lending
- Tulsa Race Riots
- GI Bill Discrimination
- Plessy vs. Ferguson
- Labor Union Discrimination
- School Segregation / Higher Education Restrictions
- Wage Gap / Wage Disparity
- Tuskegee Airmen
- Professional degrees by race
- Voting - Voter Suppression
- Chain Gangs - cheap labor
- North West Innocence Project
- Central Park 5
- Mandatory Minimum Sentencing
- Representation in police forces
- School - Prison Pipeline
- Emmett Till
|Blue Valley West High School