Monday, Oct. 31 – Intro in Library (Teacher goes over project guidelines/rubric, Yeager shows video and students look through decade books to brainstorm a year). Specific year is due the next day.
Tuesday, Nov 1 (Early Release) – Go directly to library, Yeager explains how to research and find sources and take notes, she also hands out note-taking packet.
Wed/Thursday, Nov. 2/3 – Research days in library
Friday, Nov. 4 – ½ time – go over Noodle Tools and cite one source, other ½ of time finish research.
Monday – Friday Nov. 7-11 (back in Classroom) – type/finish multi-genre project, finish Noodle Tools and print work cited page.
What is a world-changing event?
1. I can locate information from text and online sources.
2. I can paraphrase information and organize facts in notecards.
3. I can cite books, databases, and websites in Noodle Tools.
4. I can generate a Works Cited in Noodle Tools.
5. I can synthesize facts and write three different genres applicable to my topics.
6. I can evaluate the research process and answer the question, "How did the year ______ change the world?"