Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Canvas Arc: Within Canvas you can record the screen.
Screencastomatic: Download and record your screen.
Screencastify: Record screen using the Chrome browser.
*Wondering about copyright? The Digital Millennium Copyright Act allows us to record programs.
Don't forget to keep track of the clip locations (URL) and source information. You will need to include these in the credits of your video.
- Go to Screencastomatic.com .
- Set up a free account.
- It will prompt you to download a launcher. Proceed to download. If you have trouble, let Mrs. Grimaldi or Mrs. Munson know.
- Make sure you have your video ready to play.
- Go to screencastomatic.com and click Start Recorder. It will launcher the Recorder Launcher.
- Adjust the frame to surround only your video.
- Click the record button.
- It will not record internal audio, so make sure the audio is turned up on your computer and the area is quiet.
- Save as a video file.
How to get started
- Use the Chrome browser to access Screencastify from the Chrome Store. (Let us know if you need help downloading Chrome.)
- Locate the video you need on the screen.
- Go to the Chrome toolbar and locate the Screencastify extension. Sign in to your Google account using your Blue Valley credentials.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- Now you are ready!
- Click the movie image in the Chrome browser toolbar.
- With the free version, you will need to record the computer audio using the computer speakers. Turn up the speakers and keep quiet while it records.
Make your first recording
Saving to Google Drive
|Blue Valley West High School