Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
· Madeleine L’Engle
· Science Fiction v. Fantasy
· Space exploration in the 1960s
· Communism in the Soviet Union
· Concept of Time Travel
How can our weaknesses become our strengths? When might our strengths be weaknesses?
When are risks justified? When are they foolish?
Why is conformity appealing to many people? What are the dangers of conformity?
SPACE & time
TIME -- Psychological aspects
TIME dilation -- Research
SPECIAL relativity (Physics)
- general relativity
- a branch of science first described by Albert Einstein showing the relationship between gravity and acceleration
- black holes
- objects so massive for their size that their gravitational pull prevents everything, even light, from escaping
- event horizon
- the imaginary spherical shell surrounding a black hole that marks the boundary where no light or any other information can escape
OUTER space -- Exploration
SPACE vehicle launching
SOVIET Union -- Relations -- United States
SPACE vehicles -- Landing -- Moon
UNITED States. National Aeronautics & Space Administration