Noodletools is a web-based set of tools that students and teachers can use to assist in the research process.
- Teaches evaluation and analysis; not simply a "machine" that automates the process.
- Extensive help for each citation element at the point of need.
- Guides learner through difficult decisions about the source material.
- Fast, personal responses to individual citation questions.
- Generates parenthetical reference for each citation, with additional advanced help.
- Checks for mistakes in punctuation, abbreviations, and more.
Promotes ethical research
- Ease of use and expert advice gives students confidence to cite even the trickiest sources.
- Online notecards capture author's words, images, graphs, and original formatting.
- Software guides student through paraphrasing and prompts for original thinking.
- Built-in editor enables annotation of notes, improving comprehension, analysis and reflection.
- Notecards linked to citations to ensure proper attribution.
Assessment for learning
- Students share working bibliographies and notecards with teachers for feedback.
- While viewing a student's citation form, teacher can insert comments and ask questions.
- Statistical graphs analyze quantity, variety and currency of sources.