Include at least 6 detailed note cards on each category:
1. Physical Characteristics (color, odor, hardness, strength, melting & boiling point, malleability, conductivity, etc.)
2. Impact on society & why it's important
4. How it is made and /or began
6. Limitations/Disadvantages (cost, environmental impact, decomposition rate, are there natural resources to make it, etc.)
Task: Your assignment is to research a synthetic material and make it the
Synthetic Superhero of the Year!
Show its strength and power Comic Book Style!
Monday, 11/26--Introduction, topic selection, find resources
Tuesday, 11/27--Research & cite
Wednesday, 11/28--Research--finish research for homework
Thursday, 11/29--Create Superhero in . Snip & save link in email or Google Drive
Friday, 11/30--Upload link in Heromachine and finish superhero. Snip superhero and save as .jpg, upload .jpg in Google Drive.
Monday, 12/6--Begin Comic Book app.
Tuesday, 12/7--Comic Book
Wednesday, 12/8--Comic Book
Thursday, 12/6--Begin Google Slides.
Friday, 12/7-- Google Slides & Turn in Project
1. I can gather and evaluate information to descibe how syntheitc materials come from natural resources.
2. I can evaluate how synthetic materials impact human society.
3. I can identify and describe physical characteristics of synthetic materials.
4. I can research information and summarize it in my own words.
5. I can use and cite sources in Noodle Tools.
6. I can apply technology to my learning in a new way.
This project was originally created at Pleasant Ridge Middle school by Ms. Kelly Utley and 8th grade science teachers. Use the link below for resources and samples. THANK YOU to PRMS for sharing your ideas.
Farris: How to turn in your Comic Strip